Saturday 25 July 2009

Full List Of Symptoms

Thought I'd just jot down a list of all the various symptoms I've had. I get problems in both legs but generally the right is much worse

LL = Left Leg. RL = Right Leg

Patellar Tendon
  • Diffuse and very nasty pain all across the face of the patella - spreading up from the lower focal pain spot (RL)
  • Sharp pain just where it joins the patella - felt quite deep inside (RL)
  • Occasionally unstable and gives way (RL)
  • Audible crackling noise wen going from a straight locked leg to a small amount of bend whilst the tendon stays tensed (RL)
  • Squashy feeling (RL)
  • Does not look (when fully relaxed) quite as substantial as the left one and has a slight concave. No visible difference between legs when patella tendon tensed
  • Palpable (but not really audible) creaking when the tendon is tensed a bit and then gently touched (LL and RL)
  • As if my trouser knee fabric were wet and cold even when the skin in warm and dry - really weird feeling (perhaps neurological?) (LL and RL)
  • Prickly burning feeling

Quadriceps Tendon
  • Palpable (but not really audible) creaking when the tendon tensed a bit and then gently touched
  • Warm (but not to the touch)
  • Prickly, mild burning feeling
  • Tingling (neurological? - in fact this was the very first symptom I ever had - imagine if I'd taken a few weeks out then...sigh....)
  • Wasted VMO caused by limping and avoiding that leg
Also a very tight band going from my medial patella - I think this is MPF Ligament (might have aways been tight but I just noticed because I now spend so much time fiddling with my knees :)

No comments:

Post a Comment