Friday 29 May 2009

Weeks 2-5

At the end of these 5 weeks my symptoms were:
  • RIGHT KNEE: No pain across face of knee (big improvement!). Medial patella pain point gone but feels like a very tight band going from medial patella to underneath VMO I think this is my MPFL. Still focal point of pain just under right knee slightly to medial - intermittent (whereas was constant before the marathon whenever moving). Also the right patella tendon feels kind of wet and squashy. I can tense the patella tendon without pain now but can feel crepitus (and hear it at maximum extension). Lets call that 3/5 for future reference
  • LEFT KNEE: No problems. So lets call that 0/5 for future reference
Originally I was thinking I'd got PFPS (Patello femoral pain syndrome) but now I reckon the pain across the face of the knee was just diffuse pain from the patella tendon and really its nasty case of patella tendinopathy - which is consistent with problems from the prev year. I had audible crepitus before the marathon and thought it was coming from under the knee cap -but it's clear now that it's coming from where the patella tendon attaches to the lower patella pole

1 comment:

  1. I'm having similar knee problems. What did you do between may 1 and may 29 to improve your knees?

    ReplyDelete