Friday 15 January 2010

Possible Tendinos/Tendinopathy Treatment: Trigger points and Accupuncture

Thought it was worth a post on this treatment as I have found it very useful. Between early Nov and now - along with my eccentric squats my physio has been working on some trigger points in my right leg. These manifest as very sore patches in my muscles which, when pressed, seem to stimulate trigger prickly, tingly feelings (similar to the neurological ones I experience) around my knee. Often when pressed they appear very 'active' and a trembling, fluttering pattern appears under the skin. There are a couple of big ones close to the ITB on the outside of my quads, a minor one on the front right and one in my hamstrings

My physio has used a mixture of warmth, pressure and also needles to work on them. It has taken several sessions but they are improving and, after treatment, I get a reduction in tightness/stiffness. I don't this has a curative effect - but it does help with management and I would definitely recommend it

No comments:

Post a Comment